American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women’s health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator to support to ACOG’s Government Affairs Department and its federal, state, political action (PAC), and grassroots activities.
• Manage and respond to Department clerical needs, including copying, filing, document formatting and collation, proofreading and ordering of supplies;
• Efficiently and effectively manage Department budget including annual budget preparation, development and implementation of new, more streamlined accounting/budget procedures, paying bills, staff timesheets, cell phone reimbursements, staff expense vouchers and upkeep of Department expenditure database;
• Manage Department’s electronic and print subscriptions and individual user information for these items;
• Serve as Department contact/facilitator for external vendors.
• Assist staff with scheduling meetings both within ACOG and with other organizations and Congressional offices;
• Manage administrative duties for Department meetings including Government Affairs Committee, task force meetings, and other meetings as assigned;
• Maintain correspondence and materials for mailing and in-house distribution;
• Serve as front-line contact for the Department; handle and redirect as appropriate incoming and outgoing calls, mail, and fax, and maintain Government Affairs Department email account including monitoring, triage, and response for Govtrel and Stateleg emails;
• Represent ACOG Government Affairs Department at event booths, registration tables, and other in-person events attended by our members and other VIPs
• Retrieve articles or publications from the resource center or online;
• Review departmental contracts and send through approval channels;
• Maintain committee lists, prepare committee meetings;
• Manage small and large conferences with physicians in attendance;
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3 years of administrative experience
• Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Commitment to excellence in “customer” service.
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrated interest in politics and advocacy (e.g. Congressional, state, electoral or grassroots activities)
• Must be self-starter and able to maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues
• Well versed in Microsoft office suite, including Word, Excel and PPT.
Home to more than 58,000 women’s health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women’s health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you’re part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women’s health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women’s health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women’s health.
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Flexible work schedule – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Life Insurance – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings – and more!
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.