American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is the premier not-for-profit organization for women’s health care. Comprised of over 58,000 physician-members who are experts in women’s health care, ACOG provides to its members the highest quality education opportunities, practice-oriented resources, research, advocacy, and organizational support. With headquarters located in S.W. Washington, DC, we provide a positive, supportive work environment, excellent benefits and so much more! To learn more about our organization, please visit us at www.acog.org.
ACOG is looking an Outpatient Coding Education Specialist to Assist the Director, Coding with all aspects of the College’s CPT and ICD-10 coding education program, including coding workshops and publications.
1) Educate coding team members, Fellows, and others on correct coding, billing, appeals, and reimbursement processes. Provide membership service by coordinating response to 175-200 coding ticket requests, e-mails, calls and facsimiles per month from Fellows and their staff on specific coding related issues.
2) Assist with the ongoing development and management of the Freshdesk Coding Ticket database; respond to questions and author new coding solutions. Keep coding solutions current. Continuously update and add coding knowledge database content to the Freshdesk platform. Co-maintain database with coding answers. Research answers to coding questions. Configure database as required for new/updated functionality.
3) As part of the Coding team, coordinate and oversee the activities associated with 10-13 yearly coding workshops. Responsibilities will include: monitoring hotel contracts and agreements, evaluate and monitor budget requirements for assigned workshops, review and edit educational course programs and brochure, serve as department representative at workshops; represent ACOG coding viewpoints, address audience at workshop (i.e., explain ACOG’s coding publications, other coding resources, and coding committee recommendations, etc.), assist consultant and faculty in answering coding questions raised during workshops, and coordinate interaction with ACOG meetings staff and hotel staff for approximately 5-6 meetings.
4) Develop new and assist with the review and editing of existing coding publications annually. Serve as lead team educator for writing and editing ACOG coding publications related to professional services coding and related topics. Assist Director, Coding in editing and revising other publications.
5) Co-manage all educational aspects of ACOG’s Webcasts related to coding for approximately 6 webcasts. Duties include overseeing integrity of presentation, speaker relations, topic and content development, host presentation, assist speaker by addressing audience coding questions, and post webcast activities (i.e. address registrant coding questions and/or concerns after webcast, revise presentation, etc.).
6) Assist Director, Coding with ACOG’s Committee on Health Economics and Coding semi-annual meeting - specific tasks such as:
7) Attend biannual ICD-10 Coordination and Maintenance Committee meetings as ACOG representative to develop and oversee the Committee’s diagnosis and facility related code proposals impacting OB/Gyns. Serve as team lead for all ICD-10-CM diagnosis code development and revisions. Attend other educational events and client meetings as an ACOG representative. Report information from meetings to Program Manager and Committee.
8)Assist with training other coding team members on professional services coding concepts as required.
9) Represent ACOG at external coding related meetings when required. Represent the Coding Department at internal coding related meetings as required.
100% Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Work/Life Design (i.e. flexible work schedule) – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Health Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings